Not all mushrooms are created equal. Some, like the Amanita phalloides or "Death Cap," contain toxins that can lead to severe illness, organ damage and even death.
Mushrooms can be hard to digest for some people leading to digestive discomfort including bloating, gas and indigestion.
Mushroom allergies can trigger symptoms such as itching, swelling, hives, etc.
Consuming Mycotoxins toxins can result in mycotoxicosis causing a range of symptoms from nausea to liver damage.
Mushrooms can impede the body's ability to absorb essential nutrients such as zinc and iron.
The Next Pandemic?